Manager Store Planning
Drives the Allocation team to maximize sales and optimize inventory levels in retail stores by developing comprehensive analyses that will increase store sales potential as well as optimize physical capacity. Applies leadership and direction to Allocation Analysts through overseeing the development of inventory requirements for stores and reporting to support the team in achieving the company’s financial goals. Monitors existing stores and new store performance and provides ongoing segmentation recommendations to cater to each store’s profile as well as in-season inventory needs.
- Drives growth through segmentation analysis, including climate, extended size and category analysis to develop unique assortment strategies.
- Presents to the leadership team and cross functional leads on store performance for ongoing and future strategic initiatives to drive growth for retail stores
- Provides Planning and Merchandising teams with pre-season store level inventory guidance that supports the company’s financial goals, ensuring the appropriate amount of breadth and depth are purchased to support store level need and physical capacity.
- Leads and informs peers and cross functional partners on store opportunities to drive growth.
- Develops reporting and analysis to support the Planning, Allocation, and Merchant teams.
- Monitors store inventory levels and sales performance. Takes action by directing team on fast/slow selling stores.
- Analyzes historical data and current trends at the store level highlighting risks and opportunities by department/classification.
- Responsible for training Allocation Analyst on how to measure store performance and overseeing the creation of new store inventory plans; monitors performance upon opening and adapts plan based on customer profiles and store characteristics.
- Provides ad-hoc reporting to analyze business as needed.
- Strong presentation skills; ability to analyze results and present comprehensive analysis with a clear vision to all levels of the organization
- Proactive and action oriented; quickly react to the needs of individual store’s business and affect change to maximize stores potential.
- Able to take direction and work independently on projects.
- Strong analytical and retail math skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- High level of proficiency in Excel a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Fashion Merchandising or related field.
- 6+ years of experience in Retail Planning and Allocation.
- Prior experience with JDA Allocation Application is a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.