Executes and communicates the Corporate Global Sourcing Strategy. Works closely with internal cross-functional teams in Product Development, Quality Assurance, Tech Design, Planning, Inventory Control, Merchandising, Color and Design as well as with Agents and Vendors to ensure a delivered product that meets or exceeds our brand aesthetic, quality standards, financial goals on time.
Development / Factory Allocation
- Shares product knowledge and guides cross functional team members in Product Development, Tech Design, Quality Assurance, Color and Design during development process to ensure that garment and fabric development align with departmental strategic sourcing goals and meets key calendar milestones while protecting design intent.
- Identifies and resolves potential manufacturing issues prior to style adoption.
- Develops cost targets and reviews and negotiates vendor costing to meet or exceed departmental goals.
- Analyzes t/a charts for accuracy for all products in development. Determines which styles/fabrications may require early fabric positioning.
- Troubleshoots during development to eliminate/reduce amount of early buy product by using product knowledge and technical skills.
- Works with director to implement sourcing strategy.
- Analyzes and negotiates final costs from a component as well as volume expectation.
- Works with Quality Assurance, Product Development and Color Depts. to trouble shoot and resolve fabric quality and color approval issues. Communicates how these issues and the determined resolutions impact delivery and costing to cross functional partners as necessary.
- Develops and adheres to capacity plans, in partnership with director.
- Communicates and places bulk quantities for each seasonal delivery.
- Monitors Work In Progress reports from Agent/Vendors. Tracks ex factory deliveries and notifies business of any exceptions. Trouble shoots to anticipate delays and proactively trouble shoots by using WIP as a tool to oversee production schedules from a high level.
- Reviews bulk units against Early Buy quantities to reconcile variances with Inventory Management, Offices, Agents and Vendors.
- Updates, manages and communicates liabilities on a timely basis to minimize financial loss.
- Processes delivery extensions and shortages with agents and Inventory Management.
- Initiates reorders/chase product inquiries with Offices, Agents or Vendors. Negotiates the best possible cost and delivery and communicates back to planning and merchant teams.
- Manages and communicates order changes to minimize delivery, cost and quality and liability risk.
- Assists Director in developing projections for future capacity and fabric needs and maintain fabric balance sheets.
- Provides technical manufacturing support and supplier capability to cross functional teams.
- Develops and mentors associates /assistant sourcing managers.
- Initiates and strengthens cross functional relationships.
- Strong understanding of apparel fabrics, washes and garment construction is required. Deep product knowledge with multiple apparel categories.
- Ability to drive for results and solutions and manage changes to the assortment during development and bulk production.
- Effectively communicate in written and verbal form
- Detail oriented with strong follow through; Organize and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously – fast paced environment
- Deep understanding of international cultural differences with the ability to influence vendors capabilities and behaviors based on strong relationships, trust and integrity.
- Understanding and ability to use retail math to determine costs, margins
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize workload
- Create and maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and achievement of goals
- Ability to think on their feet, and have a sense of urgency in managing time and accomplishing tasks.
- Strong ability to analyze, anticipate and solve problems proactively and efficiently.
- Flexibility, with the ability to react to change
- Prior travel to international factories is required.
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, PLM
- 4 Year bachelor’s degree required
- 6+ years Sourcing experience