Manager Print Production
Manages all aspects of production related to a variety of printed deliverables across all business channels. This position reports directly to the Director of Creative Services and manages the Print Production Specialist. The Print Production Manager has ownership of all estimating, billing and financial reporting related to printing. They partner with the Director of Creative Services to develop multiple yearly budgets and manage related expenses.
The Print Production Manager must have experience with all types of printing, this includes offset, roto and digital printing. They must have knowledge of the color proofing process and the ability to execute monthly color approvals on press. This position serves as the logistical leader and liaison between Print Production, internal partners and external suppliers. The Print Production Manager ensures projects are purchased and executed in a way that delivers the highest quality and most competitive pricing.
- Oversees the planning and execution of all print projects. Includes Catalog, retail, direct mail and corp.
- Manages one direct report who is responsible for multiple recurring print jobs and related fiscal oversight.
- Manages relationships with our print vendors. Hold vendors accountable to brand standards. Investigate and select new vendors as needed.
- Leads in-house color shows of composed proofs with pre-press vendor and Senior Graphic Designer. Ensure accuracy of all colors. Ensure brand requirements are met. Traffic internally as needed.
- Partners with Director of Creative Services (DCS) to create yearly production budgets for Catalog, retail signage and direct mail.
- Tracks expenses, financial reporting and attending monthly meetings with the finance team.
- Works with Director of Creative Services on contract and pricing negotiations with our largest vendors.
- Responsible for purchasing catalog paper and managing inventory across several printing plants.
- Allocates monthly signage program. Specify each component by store via vendor’s website.
- Executes press approvals for monthly catalog and other printed pieces. Schedule freelance press approval support as needed. Travel is required.
- Supplies print specs to outside vendors, this includes Catalog print & bind instructions.
- Oversees maintenance of the store activity collateral schedule for accurate delivery of printed pieces.
- Manages the quoting & sampling of projects as requested by the internal Marketing & Creative teams.
- Attends internal cross channel planning meetings, as needed. Offer production insight and budget ramifications.
- Works with Print Production Specialist to create all yearly production schedules.
- Strong color skills for color critical reviews and approvals on press.
- Significant experience reviewing & marking up images for retouching.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to directly manage multiple outside vendors.
- Experience with budgeting, expense tracking and cost management.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 6+ years of print production experience in an in-house creative or agency setting
- Retail industry experience is preferred
- Fashion experience a plus
- Travel Required