Manager, IT Audit & Compliance
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
As the Manager of IT Audit and Compliance, you will play a key role in ensuring the integrity of our IT systems, compliance with Sox, and partner to ensure successful execution of new IT implementations (System Development Life Cycle – SDLC projects). You will help assess, monitor, and enhance our IT controls, processes, and procedures.
- Lead IT Sox effort over the effectiveness of internal controls including testing of IT General Controls (ITGCs), IT application controls (ITACs), key interfaces, key reports/spreadsheets, and Soc 1’s. Participate and document key IT walkthroughs in conjunction with our external auditors. Identify control deficiencies, recommend improvements, and provide guidance to key members of Management.
- Lead reviews following System Development Life Cycle controls (SDLC) for new software implementations. Partner with cross functional teams to help lead successful implementations or key system changes.
- Responsible for conducting comprehensive technology audits to evaluate effectiveness of IT controls. Includes planning, performing risk assessments, identifying controls used to manage risks, as well as developing and executing test plans to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of IT related processes and controls.
- Identifies opportunities for improving IT processes, reducing costs or improving internal controls. Work on benchmarking best in practice to enhance overall environment, including new technologies.
- Work closely with our Cyber and Privacy teams helping our teams manage ever changing risks. Stretch opportunities available to learn new areas.
- Drafts audit reports and communicates audit findings to process owners and management. Ability to work effectively with external audit.
- Communicates with Internal Audit management regarding testing status, audit issues and deadlines.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with the various IT areas/departments.
- Requires at least 5-6 years of relevant experience in internal audit, external audit (i.e., Big 4 public accounting), risk consulting, IT and/or SOX compliance, with an emphasis on IT auditing.
- Strong understanding of Sox regulations and applicable IT controls. Understanding of requirements, timing and documentation.
- Understanding of System Development Life Cycle concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment, with good attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management.
- Ability to think strategically and develop innovative solutions
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve, and prioritize, in order to successfully meet deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Security or related field of study. Experience in accounting or other business discipline is also desirable.
- Masters or Advanced Degree is a plus.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or other IT audit or security related certification (CISSP) is preferred. PCI, CPRA, or Cyber knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with retail is a plus.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.