Manager IS Corporate Systems
The Manager of Corporate Systems serves as the primary Information Services partner for Finance, Payroll, Retail Operations, Creative Services, and Human Resources. Partners with divisional leaders to develop and execute against technology roadmaps to support strategic business goals. This role manages a team of technical specialists including both internal associates and external SAAS providers. Acts in a leadership and hands-on capacity to develop team members and increase value from our vendor relationships. This role is positioned as the primary contact for all technology that supports our corporate business units, as well as, integration with Retail and eCommerce platforms. Plays a key role in leading J. Jill’s Robotic Process Automation (RPA) program and OMNI transformation by modernizing technologies and processes within Corporate Systems.
- Works with business and IS teams to deliver solutions that are on-time, within budget, and in line with company and industry standards and guidelines for software development, security, integration, and data quality.
- Serves as the technical owner for key systems supporting the entire enterprise including Finance/Payroll, Human Resources, Labor and Workforce Management (Retail and Corporate), PMO systems, Help Desk, and Creative.
- Serves as Workday technical lead to support and maintain integrations to internal systems and third-party vendors.
- Coordinates and plans cross functional testing for system updates and new feature deployment with IS and business teams
- Supports Internal Audit and IT Sox controls for all applications within Corporate Systems. This includes quarterly and annual audits.
- Performs routine system updates to maintain Finance compliance data as part of Finance SOX narratives.
- Provides technology direction, including best practices around corporate system solutions. Creates technical and strategy documents articulating the solution and implementation.
- Serves as relationship manager with system and service vendors.
- Manages budgets to control costs, meet business needs, and keep IS leadership and finance aware of budget status vs. plan.
- Provides governance oversight for troubleshooting complex problems by working closely with business units, other technical teams, and external vendors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience implementing and supporting Robotic Process Automation solutions.
- Experience supporting SAAS solutions and integrating cloud technology.
- Ability to build and develop a technical team in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Significant experience supporting retail business functional areas:
- Financial Management: Accounting and Finance, Taxation, Revenue Management, Expenses, Procurement
- Human Capital Management: Recruiting, Talent Management, Benefits, Payroll, Time Tracking, Workforce Planning
- Creative Services: Design and Creative process workflow, Digital Asset Management, Process Enhancement
- Enterprise Systems: Robotic Process Automation tools, Asset Management, SLA Monitoring, Knowledge Base, Support Ticketing, Support PMO systems (JIRA/Confluence)
- Knowledge and capability is a plus with: Workday HCM, Payroll and Procurement. Infor Infinium or other Finance Management Systems (Workday, Lawson, SAP, Oracle), Vertex Taxation (or other tax processing systems).
- Professional and administrative skills:
- Technical Team Management
- Change Management
- Project Management and Best Practices
- SOX Compliance Controls
- Software Development Life Cycle and Testing Best Practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication (Technical, Functional, Cross-functional). Comfortable working with both senior business and IS leadership and team members from IS.
- Strong Project Management skills, including planning, tracking and delivery.
- Quality and detail oriented.
- Comfortable partnering with business to manage technology-driven business Change Management.
- Process-oriented approach to analysis and design.
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to changing priorities while working in a varied, fast paced environment.
- 6+ years of experience as technical manager for business-critical systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; computer science or related technology degree preferred.
- Experience with retail companies implementing or supporting HR, Finance, and Payroll systems.