Manager Information Services PMO
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
Responsible for the ongoing maturation of an Information Services Project Management Office (PMO) including maintaining and updating methods, tools, processes, and oversight of the active project portfolio. Focuses on the development of project management capabilities in the IS department. Acts as central control for monitoring the status of all active projects across the IS department and for compliance with PMO standards, SOX compliance, and other policies and procedures.
PMO Guidelines, Templates, Process, & Tools – Establishment and continuous improvement of the methodology, the process, and the tools that support the PMO are at the heart of this assignment.
IT Portfolio Management
- Consolidates IT demand and partner with cross-functional leaders to prioritize investments based on ROI, strategic alignment, and risk
- Maintains and drives execution of the IT Roadmap and communicates progress
- Ensures consistent resource management to proactively highlight conflicting priorities and develop risk mitigation strategies
- Participates in developing the IT 3-year strategic plan
- Partners with project teams and IT Finance to develop and maintain project budgets
Central Control of IS Projects – Monitors, tracks, and forecasts risks to projects by looking at overlapping resource requirements and potential contention with the business calendar.
Project Management Capabilities – Assists the CIO and IS Directors in setting up new projects for success with the right Project Management talent, either by positioning and mentoring as existing associate or by helping to secure consulting PMs.
Training and Coaching –Sets the tone for Project Management excellence across the Information Services department. Provides training on project management tools, advice on best practices, etc.
Teach Managing for Success - Drives a proactive mentality among our project managers by teaching them to plan ahead, to look for potential risks and plan contingencies, to plan beyond go-live dates, to pay close attention to progress before.
Vendor Relationship Management – Establishes and maintains healthy relationships with consulting companies with PM skill sets who can provide talent, as we need it.
Customer Relationship Management – Builds and maintains healthy relationships with business leaders and associates. Leads meetings with business associates to provide status on projects and programs.
Project Management Puts into practice all the tools and methods of the PMO by accepting the PM role on select projects. Provides leadership, coordinates activities, estimates workload to a level of detail, establishes resource requirements, estimates, and maintains project budget, set aggressive but achievable goals, etc.
Status Updates – Maintains a chart of all active and planned projects across all technology teams in the IS department and update weekly.
Participates in IS Management team activities. Other responsibilities and assignments as defined by the VP, Information Services, as needed.
- Knowledge of and experience leading IT portfolios and cross-functional technology projects
- Demonstrates leadership and management of PMO methodologies, standards, and tools to facilitate the successful delivery of projects
- Identifies resource requirements including people, hardware, software, and services
- Provides project management direction and leadership to other project managers
- Ensures compliance of project documentation and evidence requirements
- Experience with Project Management software – e.g.: Workfront, and other tools such as Jira, MS Project, preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, and processes for technology projects in PCI compliant and publicly traded company
- Ability to draw from waterfall and agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, etc.) for developing processes that leverage leading practices for technology projects across the industry, preferred
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent work experience; Masters or MBA preferred
- 6+ years of progressively more responsible project management experience in a medium to large company
- Experience with projects in waterfall, hybrid, and/or agile environments
- Experience leading projects in digital, marketing, ecommerce, retail, technology, etc.
- Experience with vendor and system evaluation and selection
- Experience with ongoing process improvement, gap analyses, system/application roadmap development, organizational change management and training
- Preferred experience in the Retail industry
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.