Manager Digital Marketing
Works closely with the Director of Digital Marketing to identify, plan and build Ecommerce marketing programs with the objective of growing website traffic, demand and the customer database. Manages all tactical efforts of Paid Search, Display and Affiliate marketing programs and a team that is responsible for the day to day execution of these programs.
- Manages the implementation, optimization and testing of Paid Search, Display and Affiliate marketing programs to meet or exceed their weekly, monthly and annual traffic and demand goals while staying within planned budgets.
- Manages the efforts of direct reports and digital agencies responsible for program execution, and ensure all programs are executed in alignment with their defined strategies, plans and best practices.
- Identifies and builds innovative, program-specific approaches to targeting, bidding and messaging to efficiently target a qualified audience in order to acquire, retain and reactivate customers.
- Leads day to day program optimizations to meet weekly and monthly traffic and demand goals while maximizing ROI. Regularly monitors spend, and determines optimal budget allocation/reallocation between programs.
- Owns the test plan and manage a culture of test and learn within the digital marketing team. Continually identifies and tests new, innovative ways to drive program performance. Prioritizes and oversees the execution of tests across programs and devices.
- Manages the development of creative and copy to support evergreen and promotional messaging for marketing programs working with cross-functional teams.
- Leads program reporting and analyses efforts. Assesses performance versus plans and identify drivers or detractors of program performance. Communicates trends and opportunities with key stakeholders and identify actionable next steps to drive program performance versus plan.
- Manages the budgets and invoicing process throughout the year and ensure all programs stay within budget.
- Aids in the annual planning process by developing models to forecast traffic, conversion, demand and marketing investment. Develop monthly and weekly target KPIs by marketing program.
- Manages external digital agency relationships. Ensure there is alignment on goals and efforts to drive traffic, demand, and customer acquisition & retention efforts for each program.
- Remains on top of new vendors, trends and opportunities across programs. Identifies and communicates opportunities for innovation and best practice implementation in the program. Adapts plans and tactics as opportunities present themselves.
- Strong understanding of ROI-driven digital marketing strategies in a retail environment.
- Proven analytical capabilities and critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven leadership in a cross-functional setting fostering new marketing ideas, cultivating concepts and creating actionable next steps for implementation.
- Excellent time and project management skills with strong attention to detail.
- High energy, positive “can do” attitude and self-motivated.
- High degree of organization, accuracy and flexibility; detail oriented.
- Passion for driving results.
- Team player and collaborative.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business discipline required.
- 6+ years of digital marketing experience with demonstrated success in driving results in a fast paced retail environment.
- Hands on experience with Paid Search, Product Listing Ads, Display Retargeting, Paid Social and Affiliate marketing tactics to drive demand and ROI.
- Management experience leading small teams executing marketing campaign against online performance-based media objectives.
- Experience with mobile marketing with proven ability to define and execute mobile-specific marketing efforts.
- Experience working with a Digital Marketing agency.
- Experience in using website analytics software (Google Analytics, Omniture)
- Familiarity with statistical modeling and A/B testing methodologies a plus.