J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
The Manager Copy is an experienced professional who is highly collaborative, leads by example, and maintains a positive attitude. Responsibilities include guiding and supervising the copywriting staff and managing the copy workflow for all three channels (catalogs, web, and retail stores). Ensures the accuracy and brand appropriateness of all written copy within specified deadlines.
- Develops and mentors copywriting staff on daily basis.
- Assigns all jobs and acts as first round of approval to ensure the J. Jill voice is present and
- Edits copy for all three channels.
- Presents copy to the Copy Director and marketing leadership for approval. Works closely with Account Executives, Marketing Managers, proofing team, and art directing team.
- Develops product names.
- Ensures copy changes specified by the Copy Director and marketing leadership are implemented.
- Adheres to the J. Jill copy style and voice
- Trains new copywriters on copy style and voice. Ensures the database is updated accordingly.
- Participates in the development of seasonal concepts
- Develops copy concepts to meet marketing, creative, design, and merchandising objectives.
- Writes headlines, collateral, and promotional materials as needed.
- Interviews and recommends staff and freelance copywriters.
- Creates and manages objectives for performance evaluations of staff
- Assesses workload and hours for budget and staffing consideration.
- Ability to act as liaison and build relationships between cross-functional teams
- Ability to thrive within a fluid, fast paced environment.
- Must be a team player and able to give and take direction.
- Must be both deadline and detail oriented and able to work within set production schedule.
- Must have capability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be a clear and effective communicator.
- Must have the ability and willingness to research textiles, materials, trends and technical
information as it relates to products
- Possesses a strong command of the English language and has familiarity with AP and Chicago Manual of Style.
- Must have excellent proofreading skills (spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax, tone, and adherence to Brand voice)
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience leading a staff and assigning and scheduling projects
on a long-term basis.
- Solid foundation of 7+ years writing or editing retail fashion copy at an in-house creative department or agency (multi-channel expertise is preferred).
- Must be computer literate, have knowledge of Microsoft Office and digital asset management systems, MAC experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism, or related field.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.