Manager Company Planning
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
Manages planning, forecasting, and analysis of company sales, gross margin, and inventory by channel to support achievement of company financial plans.
- Creates rolling 18-month sales, inventory and gross margin plans that link to the company financial budget
- Forecasts tops-down sales and gross margin by day, week, and month to provide in-season recommendations to manage inventory levels and mix
- Provides objective and trend driven perspectives on promotional levels, offers, and overall performance
- Evaluates the in-season tops down forecast to the bottoms-up inventory management rollup led by Merchandise Planning
- Collaborates consistently with Merchandise Planning, Merchandising, Marketing, Distribution Operations, Direct Marketing, and Ecommerce to ensure financial plans link to cross-functional plans and product lifecycle strategies
- Conducts channel-specific hindsight analytics to incorporate learnings into forward looking plans and forecasts
- Identifies and quantifies risks and opportunities to the business
- Utilizes the Merchandise Financial Planning system to plan and forecast
- Creates ad-hoc analytics as necessary
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Solid grasp and understanding of the Retail industry
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to set objectives and goals and work appropriately to meet and exceed them
- Strong analytical, organization and leadership skills
- Ability to partner cross-functionally to build and sustain quality relationships
- Ability to analyze complex quantitative data
- Facility with metric development
- 6+ years of experience in company or merchandise planning
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
- Demand planning / demand forecasting experience preferred
- Experience working with a Merchandise Financial Planning System a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications with emphasis in Excel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.