Supervises and provides leadership to the Allocation team to ensure all financial goals are met or exceeded through the successful execution of inventory management and flow of product to all Retail stores in line with the company’s merchandise and strategic initiatives.
- Ensures the training, development and retention of a high performance team.
- Analyzes existing training process and modifies/improves materials to meet the needs of the Allocation team and the overall business needs
- Partners cross functionally to develop pre-season store level assortment guidance and manages in-season allocation process and reaction to store performance to maximize sales and margin.
- Analyzes business trends at the store/ Category/ size level; and identifies and recommends opportunities to drive sales growth
- Develops strong cross-functional partnerships with Merchandising, Planning, Visual, Distribution Center, Sourcing, and the Retail Store team to ensure alignment on all strategic initiatives.
- Has strong understanding of DC operations and processes
- Ensures the development of flow forecasts on a weekly and quarterly basis and partners with DC to ensure timely flow of goods to stores.
- Evaluates store level size selling, identifies trends and makes recommendations to drive improved allocation accuracy at the size level.
- Guides team in the execution of allocations for all new store projects, analyzes performance and adjusts inventory to support store sales plans.
- Constantly seeks out improvements and leading practices with regard to training, development and Allocation methodologies.
- Some store travel is required.
- Work as an effective member of the Allocation team to achieve business and financial targets that support the business needs.
- Communicate and understand the brand, the vision, and the business strategies of the Company and effectively communicate to team and partners.
- Detail oriented witih strong managerial, planning, organizational, and project management skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong cross function relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to interact with various management levels.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop associates.
- Ensure tasks are completed on deadline and completely and accurately.
- Possess strong organizational skills.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 6+ years of retail store experience and a minimum of 2 years as a Manager for Allocation or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge of allocation principles, industry practices and ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Possess strong analytical skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize workload for self and Team
- Strong communication and presentation skills; comfortable presenting information to large and diverse audience
- Proficient in Excel and related Microsoft office applications
- JDA Allocation experience a plus