Executive Assistant, Human Resources & Legal
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
The Executive Assistant to HR and Legal will provide a wide range of administrative functions in support of CHRO and General Counsel. The EA acts as the first line of contact for the department, maintains calendars, budgets, travel, and other administrative duties as necessary.
- Maintains accurate calendars for senior management. Ensures all time-sensitive matters are addressed. Responds swiftly and accurately to changes based on demands.
- Performs budget and expense report tracking and reimbursement processing. Processes invoices, purchase orders, payroll reporting, and distribution of checks.
- Administers all travel planning and reimbursement for itineraries.
- Provides for PowerPoint presentations, report generation, meeting preparation, and general administrative assistance. Assists with preparation for board meetings utilizing the company’s online board portal for the upload of documents.
- Acts as the administrator of the company’s contract management system; manages legal forms such as NDAs; and oversees workflow related to incident reports and garnishments.
- Supports the Legal Department with the administration and management of store incident reports and wage garnishments.
- Supports H.R. Department with monthly updates to organizational charts, manages, and tracks the distribution of new hire discount cards, and coordinates/books candidate travel as required.
- Assists with special projects and research as required.
- Excellent verbal and written skills required.
- Previous budgetary experience.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Exceptional organizational skills required. Ability to meet deadlines and work independently.
- Ability to interface well with all departments within the company in a professional manner.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experience with Visio a plus.
- Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and have ability to handle sensitive material concerning the organization.
- High School degree required. Associates or some college preferred.
- 3+ years prior administrative experience, preferably as a department coordinator or at the executive assistant level.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.