HR Generalist - Retail
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
Provides counsel to store leadership on matters pertaining to talent development, performance management and associate relations. Assists in the development and delivery of programs, policies and services to support talent development and helps maximize individual performance.
- Advises and counsels store leadership on matters pertaining to performance management, policy interpretation, labor law and associate relations.
- Tracks associate relations follow up actions; compiles Quarterly and Yearly Metrics that evaluate performance against Key Performance Indicators as well as company goals and objectives.
- Develops tools and policies which assist store leaders to manage performance more effectively.
- Plans and implements Retail Associate Relations programs and activities.
- Manages harassment prevention training program across all applicable states and levels, including training requirement updates, course maintenance, user imports, course completion tracking and follow-up.
- Supports the performance management and talent assessment process, developing communication and compiling and tracking information.
- Manages 3rd party unemployment claims processing, troubleshoots as necessary.
- Responds to associate inquiries and concerns received via the associate intranet portal
- Provides associate relations counsel and support to other areas of the company as directed and required.
- Researches employment law changes and updates policies and procedures as needed.
- Assists, as needed, with HR duties in the Quincy and Tilton locations.
- An approachable and engaging style; strong listening skills.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Analytical skills and the ability to work with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a demanding environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing projects and demands.
- Ability to work independently, plan effectively and produce results.
- Proven abilities in the area of associate relations.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 4+ years of Human Resource experience, preferably in a retail specialty store environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.