HR Business Partner
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
This high visibility position is responsible for partnering with the business, building valuable relationships that transforms requests and needs into opportunities and/or solutions. Bringing a broad experience base, provides expertise on performance management, talent development and associate relations, developing and managing HR programs and supporting HR decision making by providing organizational analysis and insights. Ultimately leading and managing the people agenda with the internal client.
- Business Partnership: Functions as a trusted advisor on a range of HR topics within assigned areas by building relationships and providing thoughtful counsel to support organization strategy and initiatives. Understands business challenges, identify opportunities for improvement and influence leaders to proactively address them. Leads department specific and org wide strategic initiatives, soliciting buy in, partnering with cross-functional partners, and driving solutions. Provides guidance and input on organizational and role design.
- Associate Lifecycle: Provides coaching and guidance to managers and associates throughout the associate lifecycle, including onboarding, performance management, associate relations, associate development through offboarding. Conducts investigations, provides accurate and timely responses to concerns and determine expedient solutions to ensure fairness and legal compliance.
- Coaching and Counseling: Coaches and guides managers and leaders to address organizational needs. Provide guidance on performance management, career development and succession planning. Guide associates in having direct, open, and productive dialog when necessary.
- Talent Development: Identifies talent development needs and partner with Learning and Development to implement solutions to support the overall effectiveness of the business and to enhance associate engagement.
- Associate Recognition and Engagement: Analyzes data to identify trends, provides insights and makes recommendations for solutions, programs, and policies to enhance associate engagement.
- HR Programs: Develops and implements HR programs and initiatives within assigned business functions. Provides expertise on HR policy and contribute to the creation or improvement of HR policies and programs.
- Interviewing and Selection: Partners with Talent Acquisition in the selection of talent.
- HR Projects: Consults with the business and HR team to deliver on various and ad-hoc projects as needed.
Must have an approachable and engaging style and strong listening skills
Strong organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail
Ability to work in a demanding environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing projects and demands
Ability to work independently, plan effectively and produce results
Advanced ability to work with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Proven abilities in the areas of associate relations and HR program development and management.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
8+ years of Human Resource experience, preferably in a fashion, retail, or consumer products industry
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.