Financial Analyst - Retail
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
The Financial Analyst – Retail performs various financial activities including budgeting, modeling, forecasting, and reporting to support decision making by senior management in the corporate office and the Retail field management team. Plans, organizes, coordinates fiscal planning, as well as develops, implements, and monitors retail operating expenses for over 260 stores. Monitors actual financial performance and compares to budget and/or forecast projections, analyzes, and interprets variances, prepares a variety of reports, and provides recommendations. Owns complex processes. Contributes to the team environment of the Finance and Retail organizations.
- Proposes, develops, and monitors store sales plans for all stores and analyze trends.
- Manages databases, develops ad hoc Excel reports and prepares forecasting reports.
- Prepares weekly reporting on labor management for Corporate and Retail Management.
- Partners with Retail Store Operations team in managing the Store Payroll projection process, including updating forecasted labor hour requirements and wage rate information which best supports store workload and delivers productivity and profitability targets.
- Partners with Finance Manager and Retail Operations team to modify labor strategies in order to make labor hour allocation more efficient and equitable across the fleet.
- Supports the Field and Retail Store Operations team by providing relevant reporting to help identify Payroll expense savings opportunities.
- Provides support during the month end close process including operational management reporting, payroll account analysis and variance analysis.
- Analyzes sales results for increased awareness, focus, planning methodology improvements, and best practice modifications.
- Provides insights into the performance of the business through research and analysis of alternatives of operating programs and financial requests; Presents results of research and analysis to management.
- Prepares accurate and timely financial and business related analyses, research, and forecasts, including financial sales and payroll expense performance variance analyses and business planning.
- Maintains effective communication and coordination with cross-functional partners and stays informed of developments to anticipate the financial implications of issues on a timely basis.
- Advanced skills in Excel, particularly building complex models and building tools for field organization (pivot tables, advanced look-up functions).
- Strong analytical skills necessary to synthesize large quantities of data; identify trends and drivers and distill them into insightful analyses to senior management.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a multi-tasking environment.
- Quick learner and problem solver when faced with new issues or challenges.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Maintain flexibility in a fast-paced environment, continuously evolving to meet changing business needs.
- Capability to work independently and to prioritize assignments to meet deadlines.
- Ability to build partnerships, influence decisions, work in a collaborative style and become a sought-out partner.
- Creative thinker who can bring innovative ideas and approaches to solve issues.
- Passion for driving and delivering results and delivering constructive change.
- Must have strong sense of responsibility, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field required. MBA a plus.
- 2+ years of applicable FP&A experience required.
- Experience in Retail industry preferred.
- Experience with General Ledger, Financial Reporting systems and financial query applications.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.