Field Training Manager
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
As the Manager, Field Training you will be responsible for the strategy and implementation of store training programs and the adoption of new initiatives for retail stores and field leadership. This includes creating innovative and dynamic training materials and tools to support a consistent, excellent in-store customer experience and increase retail KPIs. The focus of the role is to support the in-store customer experience, through product and selling training. The role is also responsible to build training and implementation of new systems and processes.
- Drives training strategy to create a dynamic and consistent in-store customer experience across all retail stores.
- Creates and implements all training content for both the in-store customer experience and the product, to bring the brand to life through engaging interactions with the customer.
- Consistently researches and benchmarks trends and technologies that are used in support of engaging customers and associates to support the in-store experience.
- Manages and influences rollout schedule for training tools in partnership with store support and IS teams
- Assess training needs by observing in store experiences, including customer interaction and all touch points.
- Follows up, after the launch of new initiatives to ensure successful adoption by all retail leadership and store associates.
- Ensures continuous evolution of all training tools by proposing innovative ideas.
- Manages content for all field conferences and meetings
- Partners with Director of Retail Communications & Sales Initiatives to build associate engagement strategy.
- Ability to develop engaging and motivating written and virtual training content
- Ability to write and organize training steps in an effective, sequential manner
- Highly proficient in Microsoft applications - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficient in Learning Management Systems
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Technical Learning
- Presentation Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 6+ years experience in a specialty retail setting
- 3+ years corporate office experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.