Executive Assistant to CEO
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
The Executive Assistant to the CEO serves as a liaison and primary point of contact for the CEO to senior management teams, the board of directors, and key business associates. Organizes and coordinates schedules, travel, meetings, and communications. Works independently on confidential matters with discretion and performs a wide range of activities in support of the CEO’s strategic objectives.
- Maintains and monitors the CEO’s schedule to ensure all time-sensitive matters are addressed. Responds swiftly and accurately to changes based on the demands of the role. Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Manages event planning for Board meetings, including selecting and securing venues, executing and managing contracts, planning and coordinating all meeting logistics with Board members, company leadership, and other attendees.
- Performs budget and expense report tracking and reimbursement processing. Processes invoices, ad-hoc reporting, and distribution of checks as required.
- Manages travel planning and reimbursement for complicated itineraries. Arranges complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; compiles documents for travel-related meetings and completes expense reports.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature, and determines or recommends appropriate response.
- Supports the CEO’s effective and timely internal and external communications on matters of significance to the brand, drafting correspondence and preparing materials as required.
- Prepares presentations, generates reports, prepares agendas and briefing materials, and ensures the timely preparation and delivery of materials and reports for both internal and external meetings.
- Completes projects and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem-solving, and making adjustments to plans.
- Researches various topics in support of strategic initiatives.
- Excellent verbal and written skills required.
- Budgetary and expense management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and exceptional organizational skill required.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office with proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and have ability to handle sensitive material concerning the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 6+ years of prior administrative experience at the executive assistant level
- Public company and board relations experience preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.