Director Store Communications & Sales Initiative
Identifies opportunities and strategic approach to position J. Jill Retail as a leader in the industry.
Recommend and identify opportunities, programs and methods to deliver operational excellence in communications and the structure and implementation of initiatives to drive sales.
Support selling and service culture through initiatives while maintaining alignment and focus on retail goals, strategies and direction. Develop and assist with implementation of store training programs encompassing enhanced selling, product knowledge, marketing and promotional education, and customer contact programs.
- Responsible to lead strategic and innovative communication to stores and field leadership; ensuring priorities are easily and clearly identified for field leadership. Lead store communications team utilizing technology, creative communication trends and formatting strategies.
- Identify opportunities to enhance and develop communication, programs and contests to generate sales.
- Serve as store advocate in developing and assisting with implementation of sales generating store training programs, incorporating Marketing, and customer contact programs.
- Partner with Merchandising to deliver product knowledge to stores. Create communication to educate stores on product selling and wardrobing customers.
- Act as a liaison between Merchandising, Visual, Marketing/Creative and Inventory Management to ensure sales initiatives are appropriately timed to drive sales and balance workload, and incorporated into Retail Stores' focus and calendars.
- Create motivational strategies to drive retail sales performance and recognize exceptional performance.
- Propose and lead sales generating focuses for Store and District Manager Conferences.
- Continually streamline process and format for effective internal, cross functional communication across departments.
- Collaborate with Marketing Department to create and implement in-store events and strategies to drive sales. Ensure marketing, in-store, and internal materials maintain brand image, customer selling and service standards and operational excellence in stores.
- Serve as point person on all retail test initiatives and plan activities to support go forward strategies.
- Budget, design, schedule and implement Contests and Recognition Programs. Collaborate with Marketing and Merchandising to identify ideal rewards and prizes to support brand culture.
- Supervises all incoming and outgoing communications between the corporate offices, stores and district managers. Ensures that all communications are clear and consistent, including Store Operations workload calendar, home office issued memo’s, Sales and Marketing promotions, markdowns, loss prevention news, Merchandising and Visual display directives, special events, new policy and procedure.
- Helps to prioritize timing of home office initiated directives, as well as routine store tasks, so as not to interfere with peak periods of business and / or customer service. Prepares the monthly sore operations workload calendar.
- Participates in RD/DM conference calls. Helps identify issues and opportunities for the home office to better support its “internal customers”. Helps recommend and implement actions to be taken to accomplish resolution of issues.
- Assists in the planning and execution of district managers meetings and the annual store managers meeting.
- Serves as a focal point to direct upwards to senior management, all field operational issues and concerns.
- Assists in fielding and resolving customer service complaints.
- Strong presentation capabilities with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with innovative and strategic approach
- Builds effective relationships and partnerships
- Strong organizational and leadership skills in a fast paced and growth oriented environment
- Strong customer focus
- Management experience of both process and people
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Products
- Bachelors Degree in related field
- 10+ years of retail communication and sales development experience preferably in women’s specialty apparel
- Moderate travel required