Director Company Planning
Manages the planning, forecasting, and analysis of Omni-channel sales, gross margin, and inventory to support achievement of company financial plans and strategic initiatives.
- Oversees and guides the Retail Financial planning process.
- Manages rolling 18-month sales, inventory, and gross margin Omni-channel plans and forecasts. that link to the company financial budget in close partnership with Finance.
- Leads and develops the Company Planning team.
- Collaborates consistently with Merchandise Planning, Sourcing, Merchandising, Marketing, Distribution Operations, Finance, Direct Marketing, and Store Operations to ensure financial plans link to cross-functional plans and product lifecycle strategies.
- Manages and oversees Omni-channel planning and forecasting tools by week/month/year.
- Conducts channel-specific hindsight analytics to incorporate findings into future plans.
- Facilitates the inventory management governance process.
- Identifies risks and opportunities and develops appropriate action plans to address.
- Partners with cross-functional team to manage and forecast the promotion and markdown budget.
- Ensures strategic initiatives are integrated into channel-specific financial plans.
- Excellent managerial and problem-solving skills
- Skilled communicator (both verbal and written)
- Solid experience in the retail industry
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Ability to set objectives and goals and work appropriately to meet and exceed them
- Strong analytical, organizational, and leadership skills
- Ability to partner cross-functionally and build and sustain quality relationships
- Ability to analyze complex quantitative data
- Facility with metric development
- Expresses openness to change and has the capability to lead others through change
- 10+ years experience in merchandising planning and/or financial planning
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA a plus
- Demand planning/demand forecasting experience preferred
- Experience working with a Merchandise Financial Planning System a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications with emphasis in Excel