Director Business Analytics
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
Data driven leader, a true arbiter of truth, that utilizes analytics to reach conclusions and recommend actions. Builds a strong foundation of support to inform and enable quality decisions to deliver J. Jill brand and financial goals.
- Initiates and delivers insights by conducting in-depth quantitative analysis to support strategic business decisions.
- Champions the testing process across all customer groups and channels to properly measure sales promotion activities.
- Understands key performance indicators that drive company results and determine how these metrics track against overall business strategies, goals and objectives.
- Liaisons with IS to define organizational data objectives and related requirements to make information readily available; helps evaluate/select appropriate technology supporting the same.
- Liaisons with Channel Leaders to define information needs and provide decision support to increase revenue and profit; provides ad-hoc reporting as needed and communicates key findings.
- Provides advanced analytics to support longer-range business plans and initiatives.
- Prepares and makes presentations for management and provides decision support to Executives.
- Proven ability to apply a suite of analytic methodologies, tools and techniques.
- An ability to balance between data needs and requirements for action.
- Documented success analyzing numerical data and producing decisions based in actionable results.
- Self-directed and self-motivated with a demonstrated strength in planning, organizing, and delivering multiple projects and tasks with aggressive deadlines.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Experience managing and leading a team.
- Strong technical skills including data manipulation.
- Strong aptitude with MS Office tools, especially advanced Excel, Access, and Visual Basic skills.
- SQL experience and an understanding of database design principles required.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA/Master in Math, etc. preferred.
- 10+ years total experience, preferably in multi-channel retail environment(s).
- 5+ years experience as a business or research analyst.
- Statistical analysis, mathematical and predictive modeling experience preferred.
- Subject matter expert on testing methodologies, analytical best practices, and management by incremental benefits required.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.