Director Brand Marketing
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
The Director of Brand Marketing will lead J. Jill’s initiatives to evolve our brand to reach new audiences and to continue to grow brand love with our loyal customers. We are seeking a leader who can balance the creative and analytical aspects of building a differentiated brand and can be both strategic and hands-on in execution. Reports to the SVP of Marketing and Customer Experience and manages a team of 5.
- Communications planning: Translates the J. Jill brand strategy into integrated marketing plans and customer experiences. Develops brand communications plan to incorporate key messages into paid, owned, and earned channels that links to brand level messaging and product level messaging in a clear hierarchy.
- Brands targets and measurements: Oversees setting, measuring, and achieving key brand goals. Develop metrics and methodology to track and measure brand health and the impact of our brand investments on our business.
- Brands marketing strategy and planning: Manages brand marketing budget and plan—determines how best to invest to grow awareness and consideration as well as drive key attributes. Spearheads brand marketing plans with clear objectives/tactics and KPIs, and executes on those plans while responding to results
- Leads the ongoing evolution of our brand strategy and communications in partnership with our internal creative agency—vision, mission, pillars, voice, visual identity
- Develops and shares customer and market insights: Creates and executes a roadmap of customer insight development including qualitative research, quantitative research, and tracking programs. Identifies and sizes new opportunities in the market based on customer needs.
- Owns key brand channels including influencer marketing, PR, event/activations, owned social, in store support, and signage.
- Campaigns and initiatives: Leads growth initiatives with campaigns across customer touchpoints. Builds briefs based on customer insights and partner with our internal creative agency as well as external agencies to develop compelling campaigns.
- Elevates J.Jill’s ESG strategy through management of the Compassion Fund which has contributed $20M to women’s initiatives in the last 20 years.
- Innovation—develops new approaches and channels to reach and impact our target audience.
- Collaboration and influencing across the organization
- Storytelling and communication skills to align the organization to key messages and campaigns
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Ability to establish new processes and integrate into existing ones
- Ability to build a campaign driven by business insight and strategy and execute across paid, owned, and earned media, partnering with key owners within the organization
- Experience in developing research and analysis that generates insights that can be leveraged in strategies and campaigns
- Scrappy mindset to drive great ideas to fruition leveraging the assets and budgets
- Ability to motivate and align a high performing team with a broad set of responsibilities and skills. Thoughtful approach in terms of how to organize the team and work
- Customer centric approach to understanding how all of our touchpoints come together to create an experience for our customers
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10+ years of experience in brand marketing with increasing responsibility in scope and team management, including direct experience of the development and execution of a strategy that increased brand awareness and trial among a target audience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.