Director Allocation & Store Planning
Drives the Store Planning and Allocation functions for retail stores and across the brand. Provides leadership and direction to team to execute the company’s merchandise strategies and ensure all financial goals are met or exceeded. Opitimizes inventory management by location through the appropriate flow and continuous measurement of allocations. Ensures replenishment and fullfillment stratgies are excuted and achieved. Manages the training and development of a high performance, analytically strong, customer centric team. Partners with Merchandising, Merchandise Planning, and the Field to ensure that in stock, inventory productivity, and assortment productivity business goals are met. Continully strives to stay educated on best in class allocation methodology.
- Drives all store planning and allocation functions to achieve financial goals for the company.
- Partners with key cross functional business partners in the strategic development of the financial plans at a company, department, and style level.
- Works with the senior leadership team on opportunities for improving inventory management to drive sales and margin.
- Represents store planning and allocation during executive level strategy and merchandise review sessions.
- Reviews and analyzes business and category performance to drive optimal allocation.
- Provides expertise and guidance to the team in understanding Allocation system methodology and use.
- Ensures tools and reports are specific, timely and focused to drive results.
- Participates in weekly and monthly in season business management meetings, presenting analysis, calling out issues, and action items.
- Contributes allocation accuracy results in the monthly and seasonal hindsighting process.
- Continuously monitors inventory performance and directs appropriate mid-course corrections to achieve forecasts.
- Balances inventory levels at distribution center and store level to support all channel performance.
- Maintains productive working relationships with head of stores, districts, regions and stores along with the distribution center team.
- Represents business priorities with support organizations, including Logistics, Finance, and Merchandising.
- Develops team through coaching, mentoring, performance management, talent management, and succession planning.
- Continually identifies associate training and development needs to elevate skills and analytical ability.
- Strong analytical and financial skills.
- Proven track record meeting or exceeding financial plans.
- Detail oriented witih strong managerial, planning, organizational, and project management skills.
- Willingness to challenge status quo to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong cross function relationships.
- Ability to facilitate group discussion for maximum idea generation and problem solving.
- Ability to lead cross-functional initiatives and projects.
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to interact with various management levels.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry practices and current trends.
- Understands competitor strengths and weaknesses.
- Solid understanding of merchandising, store operations, supply chain and marketing principles, and their integration with the planning and allocation activities.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop associates.
- Ability to develop best practices in performance management.
- Ability to provide career coaching to associates.
- Strong working knowledge of inventory, financial, merchandising, and operating systems.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 10+ years of related experience with a focus on store, store planning, allocation and merchandise planning, along with supply chain experience.