Digital UX Lead
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
Owns the front-end web development work for www.jjill.com. Develops responsive web experiences for ecommerce, develops and maintains templates and style guides while ensuring that those guidelines and standards are consistently followed by the rest of the front-end web development team. Collaborates with our platform development team to ensure that site content and site functionality are complimentary and offer our customers a best-in-class experience.
- Oversees front-end web development to ensure effective and efficient coding practices are in place to allow for flawless execution on J.Jill ecommerce site
- Reviews processes and workflows to identify efficiencies and opportunities for enhancements and/or automation
- Collaborates with IS and other partners on projects involving new site functionality and works with the ecommerce operations team to ensure that business requirements and any associated process changes are captured and addressed
- Collaborates with creative, marketing, and merchandising teams to develop new and innovative ways to display products and content
- Applies working knowledge of design patterns while being able to make recommendations for better design and user experience based on industry best practices
- Collaborates on special projects with IS, content specialists and other cross functional partners as needed
- Assists the operations team with troubleshooting issues with products, feeds and content
- Monitors site performance, watches for traffic drops related to site usability problems and works to rectify the issues
- Participates in UAT and QA processes as part of a cross-functional effort for monthly site launches
- Responsive Design experience is required
- Experience developing wireframes, mock-ups, and templates
- Experience in scoping and planning work and managing resources
- Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop & Dreamweaver
- Knowledge of SEO and Accessibility Best Practices
- Experience with Content Management and Digital Asset Management Systems
- IBM Websphere Commerce experience a plus
- Expert in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- High energy, positive “can do” attitude and self-motivated
- High degree of organization, accuracy, and flexibility; exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years front-end web development experience required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.