This position is responsible for the design and development of dresses for seasonal collections consistent with the J.Jill brand image. Concept original product design through mood boards, flats and illustrations. Work with overseas vendors to develop product. Partner with all internal cross-functional teams to design and develop seasonal collections.
- Responsible for process from initial concept to production. Manage all aspects of design, layouts and communication to vendors.
- Develop overview of seasonal concepts.
- Work on projects; i.e. trend books, concept boards and layouts.
- Mentor and manage direct reports.
- Update weekly PDM, PLM applications.
- Adhere to all calendar deadlines.
- Research and Development
- Purchase development samples.
- Research trims and garment detail in partnership with assistants.
- Review new fabric development with Product Development.
- Complete and communicate all CAD design updates, line sheet updates, color updates to the CAD team.
- Partner with the Design team to present the line to the merchants.
- Ensure all samples and prototypes are ready for Design presentation.
- Manage with Product Development, the timely completion of Line Sheets.
- Responsible for overall design aesthetic and communicating clearly to technical counterparts.
- Knowledge and experience at a level normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years of dress design experience