Designer - Pure Jill
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
Interprets and implements design concepts appropriate for the J. Jill customer while being consistent with the brand image. Oversees the design and development of product line for seasonal collections.
- Oversees the product process from initial concept to production, along with aspects of design, layouts, and communication to vendors.
- Works with Research and Development to develop seasonal concepts for assigned area.
- Manages partnership with the Design team to present the line to the merchants ensuring samples and prototypes are ready for presentation
- Ensures the timely completion of Line Sheets with Product Development
- Partners with overseas vendors to develop product
- Manages overall design aesthetic and communications with technical counterparts
- Ensures the brand integrity and continues to evolve J.Jill’s product process
- Manages, develops, and educates direct reports. Provides guidance, mentoring/coaching, and feedback on performance.
- Extensive background in web- based applications; PLM, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
- Advanced technical skills and knowledge of garment design and development.
- Advanced communication skills with overseas business partners to develop and execute product
- Innovation & Creative Thinking
- Business Acumen
- Collaboration Leadership
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 6+ years’ experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.