Supports the Design organization with illustrating designs and coordinating computer aided designs (CAD’s).
- Works to support the senior designer with all follow up and organization of CAD’s. For each delivery.
- Illustrates each delivery to communicate looks for the merchants seasonally. Update as each delivery is finalized.
- Updates Senior designer with current design Cad’s weekly
- Collaborates with design team to set up seasonal design presentations: including, steam samples, dressing mannequins, and helping in the coordination of CAD’s.
- Keeps track of sample inventory from Vendors, and ships all necessary styles back.
- Assists designers in developing flat sketches of designs when assistants are out or need assistance.
- Archives all color chips back into library
- Helps organize color lab seasonally
- Helps organize trim library seasonally
- Helps to organize fabric library, if needed.
- Adobe Illustrator
- Photo shop and Web PDM or equivalent helpful
- Basic patternmaking and garment construction required
- Basic knowledge of fabric qualities for the garment industry
- BA in apparel design
- 0+ years of related experience