J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston
Writes creative, clear, concise and brand-right Omni channel copy (catalog, direct and retail) that sells merchandise and promotes the J.Jill brand. Ensures the accuracy of the copy and product information, tracks and accounts for errors and updates all copy as directed.
- Adheres to the J.Jill Copy Style and Brand Voice in all writing assignments
- Writes, edits, and rewrites as directed
- Works on collateral projects
- Maintains copy database
- A strong command of the English language.
- Familiarity with AP Style and the Chicago Manual of Style are preferred.
- Strong interest in fashion design and lifestyle market.
- Knowledge of design construction and terminology preferred.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to production schedules and overlapping deadlines.
- Must be a clear and direct communicator.
- Must be able to positively take direction and feedback and apply (and extrapolate) appropriately.
- Must be able to self-edit
- Computer literate and willing to learn new applications.
- MAC experience preferred.
- Creative writing experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism or related field.
- 1+ years’ experience writing fashion/lifestyle copy in an in-house creative department or comparable environment.
- Retail, digital and/or advertising experience preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.