The Benefits Coordinator performs a variety of duties related to the day to day administration and communication of employee benefit programs, including enrollment, eligibility, billing and record-keeping functions for health and welfare, retirement, and various other benefit programs. This role also supports annual benefits open enrollment and wellness events.
- Coordinates the distribution of all informational materials related to benefits.
- Verifies eligibility informaton for associates and dependents.
- Reviews and enrolls or enters associate information and changes into the various systems as required in a timely manner as needed.
- Fields associate phone calls and monitors benefit e-mail box, responding to inquiries on a timely basis.
- Maintains company’s internal website with current benefit plan information and coordinates with HRIS to maintain benefit information on HRIS system.
- Assists associates in resolving issues with insurance providers and other benefit administration vendors.
- Works with vendors to support adminstration of healthcare plans, 401(k) Plan, FSA Plans, and Associate Discount Plan; distributes and maintains benefit communications for these plans.
- Gathers data needed for monthly benefits billing and ensures accuracy and timeliness of payments.
- Performs benefits plan audits as needed.
- Works closely with HRIS and payroll staff to ensure integrity of information held in all records, including HR files and automated HRIS system.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality at all times and responds to outside inquiries in accordance with Company policy and/or approval from HR department management.
- Coordinates various wellness campaigns and benefits events.
- Experience with benefits area in a similar work environment handling a broad range of tasks in support of benefits administration.
- Well organized with good attention to detail and demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Maintain excellent rapport with all J.Jill associates.
- Strong communication, organizational and customer service skills are required, coupled with a strong sense of urgency toward problem resolution.
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Human Resources
- 2+ years of benefits administration experience
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint