Associate Technical Designer
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
The Associate Technical Designer develops the technical package, from Design concept to first fit; ensures technical fit, and construction as well as the development through approved for production. In this role you will work closely with Senior Technical designers.
- Attends all design hand offs for product category and elicit information from design to accurately interpret design and fit intent.
- Sets up development Technical packages using company standards for specs, construction details, technical sketches and updated design sketches.
- Prepares work for Fit Sessions for product category: schedule product for fit, measure samples, input information into PLM. Compares construction on sample vs tech pack requirement, reviews vendor comments before fit session.
- Works with Senior Technical designer/Manager to analyze patterns from vendor vs. slopers on an as needed basis after fit session.
- Participates in fit sessions with Senior Technical designer with the goal of expanding knowledge and experience across all categories. Observes, asks questions, and takes notes to follow up with related questions.
- Communicates and interacts with internal and overseas partners.
- Knowledge of basic pattern making, fit, garment construction, and sample measuring
- Sample making a plus.
- Ability to create technical sketches using computer software tools as well as manual sketches
- Ability to work effectively across varied categories and with cross division partners
- Ability to maintain focus and work accurately in a fast paced environment
- Adapt easily to different work styles.
- A cooperative, positive personality, willingness to learn.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong and clear communication skills
- In factory experience a plus
- This position requires flexibility, curiosity and the ability to learn and perform at a fast pace.
- The role spans a wide variety of skills relating to fit and sample development
- Apparel degree or equivalent work experience, including draping, construction and pattern making.
- 2+ years experience in assistant Technical design to Associate position.
- Proficient in Microsoft office, Illustrator and product life cycle programs
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.