Assists the Manager, Creative Merchandising with the development and execution of strategic merchandising messages for creative concepts to deliver the company’s financial goals. Manages an area within the Creative Merchant’s realm of responsibilities. Aides in brand storytelling, styling, space allocation, product presentation, analysis, shot lists, and styling books.
- Assists Manager, Creative Merchandising with the development of print layouts and storytelling which align with merchandising’s business strategies.
- Partner with Merchants and Planners to understand the big ideas, volume drivers and inventory investments that support our business objectives. Plan space allocation and product presentations accordingly.
- Provides hindsight, interprets results and suggestions for action.
- Assist in styling in preparation for photo shoots. Translate product styling appropriately for the J.Jill brand.
- Cross functional collaboration with Creative, Merchandising, E-Commerce Merchandising, Planning and Store Visual teams.
- Owner of shot lists and styling books. Communicate styling direction to creative teams.
- Provide current creative execution that could inspire an appropriate translation for J. Jill.
- Experience in retail, preferably supporting catalog or ecommerce at the corporate level, through styling and layouts.
- Proven ability to analyze data with actionable recommendations.
- Ability to be flexible, communicate and influence cross-functionally.
- Ability to work independently, make timely decisions.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, able to multi task and prioritize deliverables appropriately to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable with learning to work with internal databases.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years related Merchandising experience