Associate Manager Sourcing
Executes and communicates the Corporate Global Sourcing Strategy. Works closely with internal cross-functional teams in Product Development, Quality Assurance, Tech Design, Planning, Inventory Control, Merchandising, Color and Design as well as with Agents and Vendors to ensure we deliver product that meets or exceeds our brand aesthetic, quality standards, financial goals on time.
Development / Factory Allocation
- Liaises with cross-functional team members in Product Development, Tech Design, Quality Assurance, Color and Design during development process to ensure that garment and fabric development align with departmental strategic sourcing goals, & meet key calendar milestones.
- Identifies potential manufacturing issues prior to style adoption.
- Works with Sourcing Manager to establish cost targets and review and negotiate vendor costing to meet departmental goals.
- Analyzes t/a charts for accuracy for all products in development. Determines which styles/fabrications may require early fabric positioning with the Sourcing Manager.
- Analyzes and inputs cost breakdowns and finalized costs into PLM. Maintains/updates as needed. Negotiates final costs to meet or exceed departmental IMU goals under guidance of sourcing manager
- Works with Product Integrity, Product Development and Color Depts. to trouble shoot fabric quality and color approval issues. Communicates how these issues and the determined resolutions impact delivery and costing to cross functional partners as necessary.
- Communicates and places bulk quantities for each seasonal delivery.
- Validates and manages Work In Progress reports from Agent/Vendors. Tracks ex-factory deliveries and notifies business of any exceptions.
- Reviews bulk units against Early Buy quantities to reconcile variances with Inventory Management, Offices, Agents and Vendors.
- Processes delivery extensions and shortages with agents and Inventory Management.
- Initiates reorders/chase product inquiries with Offices, Agents or Vendors the best possible delivery.
- Follows up on pricing and product detail concerns resulting from weekly Sourcing meetings with cross-functional teams- PI, PD, TD.
- Effectively communicate in written and verbal form.
- Detail oriented with strong follow through; Organize and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously – fast paced environment.
- Understanding and ability to use retail math to determine costs, margins.
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
- Ability to work and influence a variety of international cultures.
- Prior travel to factories is preferred.
- Basic understanding of apparel fabrics, washes and garment construction is required.
- Ability to analyze, anticipate and solve problems proactively and efficiently.
- Flexibility, with the ability to react to change.
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize workload.
- Work as a member of a team.
- Ability to think on their feet.
- Have a sense of urgency in managing time and accomplishing tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3+ years of Sourcing experience.