Associate Designer (Accessories, Footwear)
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
The J.Jill Associate Designer works closely with the Senior Design Director on all phases of seasonal development for accessories and footwear. Accessory categories include scarves, ponchos, cold weather accessories, jewelry, hosiery, handbags, and belts and footwear.
In this role you will oversee trend research, have daily communications with our vendor base to develop all accessory styles, and conduct PLM style entry. The Associate Designer develops strong cross functional relationships with Merchandising, PD, Color, CAD, and Copy team to ensure the daily needs of the business are met.
- Communicates with domestic and overseas vendors to ensure that all requests, changes, updates, etc. are handled in a quick, concise, and thoughtful manner.
- Sketches all seasonal designs in Adobe Illustrator, enter all style information into PLM and make revisions and corrections when necessary.
- Communicates seasonal brand right trend ideas through market and online research, internet and print media research.
- Organizes all accessory samples and development information for reference and easy access.
- High taste level and awareness of market trends that are relevant to the J Jill brand
- Strong Illustrator and Photoshop skills
- Excellent multi-tasking skills & organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and positive attitude
- Knowledge and experience at a level normally acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of related experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.