Provides omnichannel (catalog, retail, web, and email) support through data entry, line edits, and light writing for a variety of projects for copy associates. Participates in all post-review edit executions as needed.
- Learns and adheres to the J.Jill Copy Style and Brand Voice in all writing assignments.
- Acts as omnichannel support to Copy associates.
- Attends copy meetings and project kickoffs for assigned projects.
- Writes, edits and rewrites as directed on a variety of projects (e.g., credit card statement messaging, key item signs, catalog inkjets and cover versions, retail postcards, emails, email banners and ad banners).
- Maintains copy database and Excel files as directed.
- Processes product change forms and communicates with cross-functional teams.
- Effectively organizes and prioritizes workload in a fast-paced environment while remaining nimble and accurate when last-minute changes occur.
- Inputs line edits as directed across omnichannel projects.
- Writes promotional and sale emails as needed.
- Maintains high standards for writing and self-editing.
- Strong interest in fashion design and lifestyle market.
- Desire to learn technical terms related to garment construction.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be a clear and direct communicator.
- Must be able to positively take direction and feedback and apply (and extrapolate) appropriately.
- Computer literate and willing to learn new applications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- FileMaker Pro and InDesign helpful. Mac experience preferred.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism or related field.
- 0+ years experience writing fashion/lifestyle copy in an in-house creative department or comparable environment.
- Retail, digital and/or advertising experience preferred.
- Writing samples and/or copy test required.