J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
Assists Merchant in developing and executing the product line. Transfers the product assortment from design status thru purchase order readiness thru a variety of systems and merchandising tools. Manages assortment tracking and product information accuracy to ensure proper decisions are being made. Liaisons with counterparts in Inventory Management, Product Development, Sourcing, Design, and Marketing to ensure alignment and keep interdepartmental functions appropriately informed of product status.
- Performs sales analysis to guide departmental and product decisions
- Manages monthly views of the department for distribution throughout the organization
- Is responsible for product information accuracy and history within the merchandising tools: PLM, Saps, Assortments, etc.
- Works in conjunction with Merchant to create and maintain assortment plans by department which are utilized by cross functional partners to communicate seasonal assortments
- Maintains competitive analysis and presents quarterly competitive findings from store visits to management
- Full knowledge of assortment: Works with the sample coordinators, ensures sample availability for all key meetings, photo shoots, floor reviews, etc; Presents assortments to visual merchandising team for Blue-printing process
- Drives copy process with Marketing counterparts to ensure accurate information is communicated via copy fact sheets, manuscript proofs, and request forms for in-store signage and label requests.
- Maintains change forms throughout the merchandising process to communicate changes to organization
- Exceptional communication, prioritizing, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Demonstrate a strong sense of fashion with an understanding of current and upcoming trends relevant to the customer
- Proficient in Excel
- Bachelors Degree
- 1+ years of Retail merchandising or apparel Retail experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.