Assistant Merchant Creative
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
Works closely with Merchandising to understand the product priorities and needs for assets to help drive the business. Assists with clear and accurate communication to Creative team for Web, print and social for development of assets. Works on Storytelling deck during product development cycle, assist with Asset deck for each collection, understands overall product presentation and assists in styling of all assets. Works closely with Merchandise coordinators to help facilitate communication through shot lists and tracking of samples.
- Works closely with Director, Creative Merchandising to clearly communicate our storytelling message to our customer through Web, print and Social.
- Collaborates with Merchants about key looks, pairings and styling intent for each collection.
- Through the CADs, prior to samples coming in, ensure all styles are covered for location or web shoots
- Assists on building Asset Deck for each collection, attends all styling meetings to prepare for all photo shoots, take pictures and download into appropriate files.
- Proofs the shot list to ensure all styling details are captured,
- Attends art review.
- Works with Director of Creative Merchandising with Storytelling for Asset Decks.
- Assists in styling all looks for Catalog, Web and social primary assets.
- Style all remaining web PDP imagery.
- Take pictures of all looks and download into appropriate asset deck.
- Attends review meetings for styling.
- Develops, proofs and collaborates on Insider Brief.
- Handles FBR process with merchant team and Associate Merchant Creative for Web.
- Capture any style count shifts after each art review.
- Partner with Marketing and PR for any specific requests, Mall fashion shows.
- Detail orientated, highly organized and ability to be flexible
- Awareness of styling, trends and knowledge of our Brand
- Strong ability to problem solve
- Proficient in in Power point, Excel and JJAM and openness to learn internal databases
- Curious, proactive and ability to work with many different teams
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1+ years related Merchandising experience
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.