Assistant Manager Sourcing
Executes the day-to-day tasks necessary to assist with the execution of brand right products while supporting sourcing strategy. Assists the manager in the sourcing related and manufacturing monitoring functions. Works closely with internal cross-functional teams in Product Development, Merchandising and Inventory Management as well as with overseas offices, agents and vendors. Collaborates to help ensure execution of brand right products, adherence to financial goals and quality standards and on time delivery.
Development / Factory Allocation
- Liaises with cross-functional team members in Product Development, Technical Design, Quality Assurance, Color and Fabric R&D during development process to ensure that fabric and garment development activities meet key calendar milestone dates.
- Inquires about potential manufacturing issues prior to style adoption.
- Works with Sourcing Manager to determine realistic cost targets and review vendor costing and compare to departmental IMU goals.
- Identifies issues within the vendor production lead time charts and identify styles/fabrications that may require early fabric positioning to report to the Sourcing Manager
- Works closely with sourcing manager to analyze cost breakdowns and enter finalized costs in PLM. Maintains the style information accuracy in PLM. Adheres to PLM milestone deadline dates from development though commitment/ final investment.
- Reviews fabric quality and color related issues while managing the commitment dates. Maintain the fabric/color commitment information on the early buy chart and not ready to buy chart. Communicates resolutions that impact delivery and costing to cross functional partners as necessary.
- Assists in communicating bulk quantities for each seasonal delivery to agents.
- Validates and manages Work In Process reports from Agent/Vendors. Tracks ex factory deliveries and notifies Sourcing Manager of any exceptions.
- Reviews bulk units against Early Buy quantities to reconcile variances with Inventory Management, Offices, Agents and Vendors
- Processes delivery extensions and shortages with agents and Inventory Management after discussion with manager
- Initiates reorders/chase product inquiries with Offices, Agents or Vendors after discussion with manager.
- Effectively communicate in written and verbal form
- Demonstrate proactive problem solving skills
- Use basic retail math needed to determine costs and margins
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize workload
- Work as a member of a team
- Proactive problem solving skills
- Strong Computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, PLM
- Detail oriented and highly organized to be able to work on multiple projects at once
- Sense of urgency in managing time and accomplishing tasks
- Strong desire to learn
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years experience