J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
Our J.Jill Assitant Designers assist the Design team through all phases of seasonal development. In this role you will communicate and partner with overseas vendors and internal cross functional team members through all development stages.
- Communicates with domestic and overseas vendors to ensure that all requests, changes, updates, etc. are handled in a quick, concise, and thoughtful manner.
- Researches, develops, tracks, and approves all design trim for each collection within a season.
- Sketches all seasonal design in Adobe Illustrator, enters all style information into PLM and makes revisions and corrections when necessary.
- Communicates seasonal brand right trend ideas through market shopping, internet, and print media research.
- Organizes all style and trim information for reference and easy access.
- Adobe Illustrator
- Photoshop and Web PDM or equivalent
- Basic patternmaking and garment construction
- Basic knowledge of fabric qualities for the garment industry
- Positive attitude
- Works well with others
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design or a related field strongly preferred
- 0+ years of related experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.