Assistant CAD Artist
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
Assists with print and colorway development using CAD software. This includes prints, embroideries & yarn-dyes. Creates and distributes artwork documentation for presentations, production, and sourcing support materials. Liaison with Designers, Product Managers, Merchants, Color Team & CAD Manager.
- Supports Print Development Process
- Cleans and colors separate artwork
- Develops print repeats & colorways
- Chooses off-palette color standards from various libraries to be used within prints
- Communicates print information to vendors as needed (ie: sending files via FTP overseas, answering any questions that may arise and making any artwork tweaks when necessary.)
- Manipulates and create prints to fit with the J Jill aesthetic
- Compile Presentation CAD Boards
- Creates seasonal CAD boards for design presentation.
- Updates CAD boards with all information from various teams – Pricing, descriptions, fabric info, etc...
- Executes revisions to sketches & colors as needed
- Inputs all artwork, textures, stitches, and weaves into silhouettes.
- Works with the CAD team to prepare seasonal presentation materials (ie: CAD Boards, Mood Images, Color Palettes & Presentation Packets.)
- Works with the CAD team to build, match and name the color palette each season, color matching to various color libraries.
- Matches color output of the CAD printer for each seasonal palette. Maintaining various digital palettes in Kaledo, Photoshop, Illustrator & PLM.
- Enters detailed color information into PLM to be distributed to all vendors for ordering purposes.
- Assists in placing seasonal color orders with each standard supplier.
- Maintains all CAD supplies. (ie: printer ink, paper, cardstock, etc.)
- Creates purchase orders and submit all invoices
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Required Computer Skills: Kaledo, Photoshop & Illustrator
- Knowledge of fabric and color used in apparel design
- Hand painting & Illustration skills a plus
- Must have a strong balance of technical and creative strengths
- Detail oriented
- Extremely organized
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in CAD Design
- Minimum 2 years’ experience preferred, preferably in CAD design
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.