J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
Our Allocators drive and maximize sales and margin through effective allocation of merchandise to Retail Stores. Monitors store level inventories thru the proper flow of receipts into the stores. Partners with Merchandising, Merchandise Planning and the Direct Planning team to ensure that in stock, inventory productivity and assortment business goals are met.
- Executes the allocation strategy from monthly assortment review meetings which will effectively maximize the ability of each store to generate sales and margin.
- Analyzes sales trend to ensure that allocation of receipts results in maximum performance by store.
Ensures that stores are kept in stock with respect to their ability to sell merchandise.
- Develops monthly assortment files and allocation strategies.
- Reviews weekly selling to develop weekly flow of merchandise from the Distribution Center to stores or from Distribution Center to Direct.
- Performs pre-season, in season and post-season analysis to identify future opportunities to maximize sales and margin for stores.
- Develops a working knowledge of “store attributes” to help guide and influence Planners and Merchants to ensure that future assortment is correct for all “store attributes”.
- Develops a working knowledge of the concept of “average per store (APS),” store indices and weeks of supply and apply them to the allocation of merchandise, monitoring of the business at the store level, and influencing the merchant and planner on assortment decisions.
- Develops, fosters and maintains open line of communication with stores and with store management to meet individual store inventory needs.
- Manages the basic stock replenishment programs within the parameters of the company’s target inventory productivity metrics.
- Conducts periodic reviews with their Planner for the following to ensure that buy quantities and stock levels meet current sales trends:
- Report actuals for Weekly Unit Plans for major programs and Key Items to determine sales goals, to ensure adequate stock to meet fixture fills and goals, to maintain a healthy weeks of supply during the full-life price of the merchandise, and to effectively monitor these elements to project future stock needs or to recommend clearance strategies.
- Partners with their Planner on managing the Monthly Business Review (MBR) process with the development of sales, margin, receipt and inventory forecasts, reporting unit performance and sales versus stock levels by store, and receipt issues during the MBR meetings.
- Travels to stores on a regular basis to observe their allocation work and the performance of their merchandise; to review markdown racks for future decisions on allocation of merchandise; to gain an understanding of the customer base, store layouts, fixturing and fixture quantities, and backstock space; and to foster a strong working relationship with the store teams.
- Adheres to the Corporate Calendar in preparation and ownership of meetings, due dates, delivery dates, etc.
- Partners with Planning to Maintain the Top 30 Sales file; establishes Monthly Store Sales goals for product selling initiatives, and participates in the Product Valuing Meeting to generate ad hoc analyses.
- Partners with Store Planning to execute detailed and complex store plans and allocations due to increase numbers of new, relocated and renovated Stores;
- Conduts specific global reporting to support the business and complete any ad hoc reporting as needed to drive or react to current business trends.
- Works as an effective member of the Merchandise-Planning-Allocation team to achieve business and financial targets that support the business needs.
- Recognizes and responds to the business concerns of partners.
- Calculates decisions, independently and utilizes collaboration when appropriate.
- Organizes and expresses ideas clearly, concisely and accurately, both verbally and in writing.
- Participates in meetings and encourage partners and team to do likewise.
- Delivers presentations in a passionate and persuasive manner.
- Ensures tasks are completed on deadline and completely and accurately.
- Develops reporting systems in a clear, concise manner and presents information in a similar fashion.
- Focuses individual and team efforts on achieving results.
- Builds rapport and relationships focused on achieving results.
- Owns the process, plan and the results.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 1+ years of prior retail experience as an Allocator preferred but not required. Store-line work experience a plus.
- Strong analytical and financial skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.