J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
Drives and maximizes sales and margin through effective allocation of merchandise to Retail Stores. Monitors store level inventories thru the proper flow of receipts into the stores. Partners with Merchandising, Merchandise Planning, and the Direct Planning team to ensure that in stock, inventory productivity and assortment business goals are met. Performs size selling analysis and applies to new purchase strategies and execution.
- Executes the allocation strategy from monthly assortment review meetings which will effectively maximize the ability of each store to generate sales and margin.
- Analyzes sales trends to ensure that allocation of receipts results in maximum performance by store.
- Ensures that stores are kept in stock with respect to their ability to sell merchandise.
- Analyzes size selling performance to drive the breakdown of purchases by size for the Direct and Retail Store channels
- Reviews purchasing strategies and advises adjustments to support Retail Store allocation needs
- Develops assortment files and allocation strategies at the floorset/CC level.
- Reviews weekly selling to develop weekly flow of merchandise from the Distribution Center to stores. Identifies opportunities to move DC inventory between channels to drive sales and improve turn.
- Develops a working knowledge of the concept of “average per store (APS),” store indices and weeks of supply and applies them to the allocation of merchandise, monitoring of the business at the store level, and influencing the merchant and planner on assortment decisions.
- Develops, fosters, and maintains open lines of communication with stores and with store management to meet individual store inventory needs.
- Manages the basic stock replenishment programs within the parameters of the company’s target inventory productivity metrics.
- Adheres to the Corporate Calendar in preparation and ownership of meetings, due dates, delivery dates, etc.
- Conducts specific global reporting to support the business and complete any ad hoc reporting as needed to drive or react to current business trends.
- Works as an effective member of the Merchandise-Planning-Allocation team to achieve business and financial targets that support the business needs.
- Recognizes and responds to the business concerns of partners.
- Calculates decisions, independently and utilizes collaboration when appropriate.
- Organizes and expresses ideas clearly, concisely, and accurately, both verbally and in writing.
- Participates in meetings and encourage partners and team to do likewise.
- Delivers presentations in a passionate and persuasive manner.
- Ensures tasks are completed on deadline and completely and accurately.
- Develops reporting systems in a clear, concise manner and presents information in a similar fashion.
- Focuses individual and team efforts on achieving results.
- Builds rapport and relationships focused on achieving results.
- Owns the process, plan, and the results.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 1+ years of prior retail experience as an Allocator preferred but not required. Store-line work experience a plus.
- Strong analytical and financial skills. Experience in Excel.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.